CDR Sample for Civil Engineering Draftsperson
Civil Engineering Draftsperson prepare drawings and topographical and relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, pipelines, flood control projects, and water and sewerage control systems. They also help in the research, design, operation and maintenance of civil engineering construction projects. Normally, their work includes preparing detailed drawings and plans for civil engineering work for supporting the engineering professionals.
CDR sample for Civil Engineering Draftsperson comprises all the required reports like Curriculum Vitae (CV), continuing Professional Development (CPD), three Career Episodes (CE) and Summary Statement. The CDR Report Samples includes following contents:
Curriculum Vitae (CV): CV / Resume for Engineers Australia Assessment based on a professional template.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): CPD for Engineers Australia Migration Skills assessment clarifies the Engineering Knowledge of the applicant – 250 words.
Civil Engineering Draftsperson Career Episode Sample 1: “Design and Evaluation of Concrete Structures” – 2132 words
Civil Engineering Draftsperson Career Episode Sample 2: “Design of residential Slabs and Footings” – 1986 words
Civil Engineering Draftsperson Career Episode Sample 3: “Preparing plan, section and details drawings of concrete frame structures of a residential building” – 1997 words
Civil Engineering Draftsperson Summary Statement Sample: Summary Statement for Competency Demonstration Report Australia is a Detail explanation of all the competency element – 1864 words.
Civil Engineering Draftsperson CDR Sample: Career Episode 1
Project Name: Design and Evaluation of Concrete Structures
In the first Career Episode, the author explains the project he carried out as the partial fulfillment of the University’s requirements for his Bachelor’s degree. The name of the project was “Design and Evaluation of Concrete Structures” and his responsibilities were:
- To perform the detail literature review of the gas processing field, their technology used and develop a methodology to conduct the project efficiently.
- To create production strategy for pipelines for oil and gas transport by separating two lines, one for oil and other for gas instead of making one pipeline.
- To estimate that the flow is completely turbulent throughout the flow region with the use of estimation and calculation approach.
- To conduct the OLGA simulation for both flow regimes by estimating the density emulsion using standard formulae.
- To formulate expected flow regimes for operating under the sluggish
- To use the concepts of active heating and thermodynamic inhibitors to remove the presence of water and reduce hydrate formation in the pipelines.
- To change the temperature value from 3.6K to 13K for KHI, and the fat traction value was changed from 0.5 to 1 for AA by following the hydrate management strategy for the steady state, cold restart and end of the lifetime of the project.
- To calculate the risk of corrosion for 40 years’ time using standard formulas based on which he used a corrosion resistant coating to ensure the protection.
- To document the data’s in graphs and charts. He created a detail report based on the findings of the project.
Civil Engineering Draftsperson CDR Sample: Career Episode 2
Project Name: Design of residential Slabs and Footings
In the second Career Episode, the author demonstrates the drafting skills he used when involved in the project titled as “Design of residential Slabs and Footings”. He performed the following responsibilities during the project:
- To visit the site and collect samples for each borehole to study the properties of the soil like moisture contents, soil movement.
- To scale down the house plan layout and placed it in the given contour outline for Pre-constructional excavation. To select the appropriate scale of 1:100 in the AutoCAD for preparing the house plan layout.
- To develop detail slab design for internal beams and crossed sectional beams following Australian standard.
- To devise a plan for cut and filled operation in order to maintain the proper ground level for installation of the slab. To prepare the layout for reduced level operation, cut and fill operation using AutoCAD.
- To conclude that no retaining wall was required to restrain the soil movement-based borehole sample test result.
- To regularly consult with my supervisor during soil classification, the design of the Pre-constructional excavation layout, cut and fill procedure and slab design.
Civil Engineering Draftsperson CDR Sample: Career Episode 3
Project Name: Preparing plan, section and details drawings of concrete frame structures of a residential building
In the second Career Episode, the author demonstrates the engineering skills he used when involved in the project titled as “Preparing plan, section and details drawings of concrete frame structures of a residential building”. His responsibilities during the project were:
- To perform the selection of reinforcement bars and perform a selection of their position.
- To prepare the plan and diagram of the different kinds of slabs with steel bars in AutoCAD.
- To prepare the detail drawing of the shear wall and create a section diagrams in AutoCAD.
- To create a diagram of the foundation plan and sections in the AutoCAD.
- To prepare a detailed diagram of the column sections in the AutoCAD.
CDR Sample for Civil Engineering Draftsperson: Consolidated Summary Statement
This Summary statement sample, one of the section of competency demonstration report CDR sample, consist of a consolidated report to describe all the 16 competencies element that accurately summarizes how the author/engineer fulfills the required competencies, based on the mentioned career episodes (one, two and three).