Civil Engineering Draftsperson ANZSCO
Civil Engineering Draftsperson ANZSCO Code that is used in order to apply for Engineer Australia Migration Skills Assessment is 312211.
Civil Engineering Draftsperson prepare drawings and maps for use in civil engineering projects, such as the construction of bridges, highways, and piping systems. They also calculate costs and interpret data for designs.
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Plumbing Engineering Draftsperson
- Road Design Draftsperson
- Sewage Reticulation Drafting Officer
- Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation
Group: 3122 Civil Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
The job of this unit group is to assist in civil engineering research, design, construction, operations and maintenance.
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys
For Engineers Australia Migration Skills Assessment, most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate to the qualifications and experience given below:
In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand: NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, In order to apply for Engineers Australia skills assessment, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required for Engineers Australia assessment process.
Occupations in this Group
- 312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- 312212 Civil Engineering Technician