Electrical Engineering Draftsperson ANZSCO
Electrical Engineering Draftsperson ANZSCO Code that is used in order to apply for Engineer Australia Migration Skills Assessment is 312311.
Electrical Engineering Draftspersons assist in electrical engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
- Electrical Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Electrical Engineering Detail Draftsperson
- Electrical Engineering Drafting Officer
- Relays Draftsperson
- Substation Design Draftsperson
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation
Group: 3123 Electrical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
The job of this unit group is to assist in electrical engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry
- assisting Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems
- collecting data, performing tests and complex calculations, graphing results, and preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating materials costs and quantities
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations
- assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements
- undertaking electrical workshop functions such as installing assemblies for protection relays, metering and indicating devices
- assisting with research and experimentation programs
For Engineers Australia Migration Skills Assessment, most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate to the qualifications and experience given below:
In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand: NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, in order to apply for Engineers Australia skills assessment, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required for Engineers Australia Assessment process.
Occupations in this Group
- 312311 Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
- 312312 Electrical Engineering Technician