ANZSCO Code for Material Engineer
ANZSCO Code for Material Engineer that is used in order to apply for Engineer Australia Migration Skills Assessment is 233112.
For Engineers Australia Skills Assessment, Materials Engineer develop processes to create materials used in a variety of products. They work with materials such as plastics and metals depending on product specifications. Materials engineers with advanced positions typically have a master’s degree.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation
Group: 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers
The job of this unit group in Australia is to design and prepare specifications for chemical process systems and the construction and operation of commercial-scale chemical plants, and supervise industrial processing and fabrication of products undergoing physical and chemical changes, and investigate the properties of metals, ceramics, polymers and other materials and assess and develop their engineering and commercial applications.
- preparing designs for chemical process systems and planning control systems for processes such as those used to remove and separate components, effect chemical changes, test and evaluate fuels, transfer heat, and control the storing and handling of solids, liquids and gases
- monitoring the operation and maintenance of equipment to achieve maximum efficiency under safe operating conditions
- ensuring correct materials and equipment are used and that they conform to specifications
- diagnosing malfunctions in chemical plants and instituting remedial action
- studying product utilization and pollution control problems
- reviewing plans for new products and submitting material selection recommendations in accordance with design specifications and factors such as strength, weight and cost
- planning and implementing laboratory operations to develop new materials and fabrication procedures for new materials to fulfil production cost and performance standards
- conferring with producers of materials, such as metals, ceramics, polymers, cements and elastomers, during the investigation and evaluation of materials suitable for specific product applications
- reviewing product failure data and implementing laboratory tests to establish or reject possible causes, and advising on ways to overcome any problems
For Engineers Australia Migration Skills Assessment, most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate to a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances, in order to apply for Engineers Australia skills assessment, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations in this Group