CDR Sample for Materials Engineer
Usually, the duty of materials engineer is to develop, process, and test materials used to create a wide range of products. They generally work in offices where they have access to computers and design equipment. Others work in industrial facilities or research or development centers. Materials engineer regularly work all day and may stay at work longer than required hours when essential.
In order to apply for Engineers Australia through CDR report, Materials engineer must have a four-year bachelor’s degree in materials science and engineering or in a related engineering field. Finishing internships and agreeable engineering projects while in school can be useful in getting employed as a materials engineer. Having some years of experience can be a plus point.
Work of materials engineers is anticipated to show practically no change throughout the following ten years. Materials engineers will be expected to design utilizes for new materials both in traditional businesses, for example, aviation fabricating, and in enterprises concentrated on new medical or scientific items.
CDR sample for Materials Engineers comprises all the required reports like Curriculum Vitae (CV), continuing Professional Development (CPD), three Career Episodes (CE) and Summary Statement. The CDR Report Samples includes following contents:
Curriculum Vitae (CV): CV / Resume for Engineers Australia Assessment based on a professional template.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): CPD for Engineers Australia Migration Skills assessment clarifies the Engineering Knowledge of the applicant – 250 words.
Materials Engineer Career Episode Sample 1: “Study of Electrochemical Reduction of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) for the extraction of Titanium” – 1986words
Materials Engineer Career Episode Sample 2: “Production of Nano particles and study of their Magnetic Properties” – 1978 words
Materials Engineer Career Episode Sample 3: “Fabrication and Analysis of Al 2219-Si Metal Matrix Composite” – 2133 words
Materials Engineer Summary Statement Sample: Summary Statement for Competency Demonstration Report Australia is a Detail explanation of all the competency element – 1967words.
Materials Engineer CDR Sample: Career Episode 1
Project Name: Study of Electrochemical Reduction of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) for the extraction of Titanium
In the first Career Episode, the author describes the project he carried out for the fulfillment of Bachelors in Materials Engineering. The name of the project was “Study of Electrochemical Reduction of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) for the extraction of Titanium”. His responsibilities were:
- To study about the physical and compound properties of Titanium
- To examine on the different techniques for the decrease procedure of Titanium
- To set up the scheme of experiment for leading the electrochemical decrease of TiO2
- To look into on the procedure of extraction of Titanium by electrochemical reduction of Titanium Dioxide being followed in DMRL
- To constantly monitor the basic parameters during the experiments
- To calculate the material equalization for the manufacture of 1Kg of Titanium
- To compute the hypothetical DC necessity for the manufacture of 1Kg of Titanium
Materials Engineer CDR Sample: Career Episode 2
Project Name: Production of Nano particles and study of their Magnetic Properties
In second Career Episode, the author explains the engineering skills he used in the project he carried out when he was working for a company. the name of the project was “Production of Nano particles and study of their Magnetic Properties “. His duties and responsibilities were:
- To learn about various synthesis procedure of nano particles and pick a feasible one among them
- To perform chemical synthesis of nano particles utilizing thermal decomposition method
- To decide the stages of nano particles utilizing XRD instrument
- To perform Scanning electron microscopy, SEM experiment to decide size of Nano particles
- To determine magnetic properties of synthesized nanoparticles utilizing Vibrating sample magnetometer, (VSM) technique
- To perform energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX) test to choose the composition and immaculateness of the Nanomaterials
Materials Engineer CDR Sample: Career Episode 3
Project Name: Fabrication and Analysis of Al 2219-Si Metal Matrix Composite
In the third Career Episode, the author explains the engineering skills he used in the project he was involved in as a senior student. His duties and responsibilities in the project “Fabrication and Analysis of Al 2219-Si Metal Matrix Composite” were:
- To carry out literature review on metal matrix composites dependent on their generation procedure, physical and also mechanical properties
- To choose materials for the creation of the composites
- To produce the composites utilizing chosen materials
- To test the manufactured composites dependent on their mechanical and physical properties
- To perform examination of the test outcomes
CDR Sample for Materials Engineer: Consolidated Summary Statement
This Summary statement sample, one of the section of competency demonstration report CDR sample, consist of a consolidated report to describe all the 16 competencies element that accurately summarizes how the author/engineer fulfills the required competencies, based on the mentioned career episodes (one, two and three).
CDR Sample for Materials Engineer: CPD (statement)
A one page document that shows how the author/engineer has developed his /her career track so that he/she should be assessed by Engineers Australia for Migration Skills Assessment in the engineering occupation he/she desires.