Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson ANZSCO
Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson ANZSCO Code that is used in order to apply for Engineer Australia Migration Skills Assessment is 312511.
Mechanical Engineering Draftspersons help in creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of machinery and mechanical devices.
- Airconditioning Drafting Officer
- Heating and Ventilating Technical Officer
- Tool Design Draftsperson
- Tool Designer
Skills Assessment Authority
Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not situated in regional Australia (within the meaning of sub regulation 5.19 (7) of the Regulations).
Group: 3125 Mechanical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
The job of this unit group is to assist in mechanical engineering research, design, manufacture, construction, operation and maintenance of machines, manufacturing equipment, mechanical installations and facilities.
- preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- assisting Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- selecting tools and equipment
- assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems
- estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements
- performing and directing field and laboratory tests
- collecting and analyzing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
- organizing and supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and plant
- ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
For Engineers Australia Migration Skills Assessment, most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate to the qualifications and experience given below:
In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand: NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, in order to apply for Engineers Australia skills assessment, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required for Engineers Australia Assessment process.
Occupations in this Group
- 312511 Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson
- 312512 Mechanical Engineering Technician