Telecommunications Field Engineer ANZSCO
Telecommunications Field Engineers ANZSCO Code that is used in order to apply for Engineer Australia Migration Skills Assessment is 313212.
Telecommunications Field Engineers plan, design, commission and monitor complex telecommunications networks and associated equipment, provide technical advice and information, and identify complex problems and initiate action to resolve them.
Skills Assessment Authority
No caveats apply to this occupation
Group: 3132 Telecommunications Technical Specialists
The job of this unit group is to develop, monitor and carry out technical support functions for telecommunications networks and install computer equipment, computer systems and microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems.
- installing, maintaining, repairing and diagnosing malfunctions of microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems
- configuring and integrating network and telecommunications technology with computer software, hardware, desktops, peripherals, databases and operating systems
- developing and recording logs of the details, locations and status of inventories, parts, equipment and instruments and maintaining the documentation of communication policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations, and quality standards
- providing technical advice and information, and monitoring the performance of complex telecommunications networks and equipment
- planning the development of customer access telecommunications network infrastructure
- liaising with vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources and monitoring contractual obligations and performance delivery
- providing ongoing operational support in designing, optimizing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and resolving of telecommunications network performance malfunctions, defects and faults
For Engineers Australia Migration Skills Assessment, most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate to the qualifications and experience given below:
In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand: NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, in order to apply for Engineers Australia skills assessment, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required for Engineers Australia assessment.
Occupations in this Group
- 313211 Radio Communications Technician
- 313212 Telecommunications Field Engineer
- 313213 Telecommunications Network Planner
- 313214 Telecommunications Technician Officer or Technologist